Over Memorial Day Brad and I were able to spend the long weekend together in Council Bluffs. I was on call from Friday all the way until Tuesday but we still found a few minutes to get away. When Mom and Dad were visiting last December we came out here to this monument and even though it was totally freezing, we had a good time. We kept saying how we wanted to come back in the Spring or Summer. We are glad we did! It was hotter than heck and wwwwiiiinnnnddddyyyyyyy but the views were still pretty amazing.
I wish you could see it better but you're up on this bluff and this is where Lewis and Clark signed treaties with the Indians. Behind Brad just out of the shot is Omaha. That staircase to his left led down to a number of trails which we went on. There were tons of little critters and butterflies and pretty grasses.
Here is a picture from one of the trails. We felt right at home in this little wooded area.
WE MISS OREGON!!!
It was nice to get back under some tree cover and think of home. The trails were narrow but cute :)
After we scoped out the bluff monument area we headed down to the 'ground level' so to speak where there was a lake. We were on this walk and on our way back Brad spotted a snake just off the trail. We were almost right upon it when he pointed it out and I jumped back about three feet instantly! haha I didn't realize I could still move that fast lol! Being the 100% boy that he is, he HAD to pick it up and get his picture taken haha. It's a bull snake and yes it was dead although recently we believed. He was a good size, too. We put him off the trail a bit more.
Overall I enjoyed our little day trip out there. It's only 6 minutes from the hospital so I felt I could dash back if needed. It was quiet and relaxing although on this particular day man it was hot. Like 96 degrees. I hope we go back soon and explore some more of those trails.

No comments:
Post a Comment