Thursday, March 10, 2011

Day 06 - Someone you want to switch lives with for a day and why

I've been thinking on this post for two days solid, no joke. I mean there are so many choices!!! Wouldn't it be fun to switch with someone who lived on a yacht or was rich or famous. Or maybe someone like a general authority that got to feel spiritually in tune all the time. Or maybe, like one friend said, a baby! So I wouldn't have any responsibilities. Like I said, so many choices.
I think if I could choose I would pick to switch with someone who lives on a remote island somewhere. Like Tahiti or something. A tropical paradise and I could just go swimming in the warm ocean and check out the fish and the sea turtles. Oh and I'd need tan skin. Cus this pasty stuff is seriously getting old. March is always the toughest.
But I'll tell you something.
I would trade this little beach-fantasy for something even more desirable. Something even more enticing to me.
Medical school is hard in many, unexpected ways. I have not yet adjusted to not having Brad's full attention, for example. Even when he is not actively studying for an exam, often, I feel he is not totally present with me. It's like I'm only allowed 90% of his focus and the rest is constantly being diverted to other tasks.
So for my one day I would really choose to be myself and to reverse the clock back 7 years to when we were newlyweds and had no idea what we were doing lol. We hardly had any responsibilities! Life was pretty simple actually. Just to have a day with my husband at 100%. We could be doing a house project or just hanging out but to have him totally present with me would be such a treat.
This post didn't really turn out how I was hoping but I don't believe in deleting and it's bedtime for me. So ta ta for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment