Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Breaking the Mold for a Birthday


I have tons to write about but as I was laying in bed just about to fall asleep I realized that things would not be right unless I posted here today. For you see, my world is as wonderful as it is because of my husband, Brad. I love him dearly and wish I could be there at home on his birthday. But we were together yesterday and it was a lot of fun because we pretty much ate good food all day and opened a few gifts(oh yeah and he studied for a neurology exam which he took this morning, on his birthday, before going to the dentist- what a stud!).
I'll post pictures tomorrow but I decided I suffer from practical-gift-giver disease and needed to change! I am always giving him like socks or jeans or a school book that he was already needing to buy...lol... yikes.... So I was determined this year would be different, and to my credit, it was! I got him a remote control helicopter that is blue and shiny. Other than the facts that it can't go outside (can't handle any wind resistance) and it's charge life isn't great (like, 10 min or so), it was loads of fun yesterday. And he made my day when I woke up at 4 am to drive to work and asks, did you hear me last night? No, I say, why? Oh, just because I was up in the middle of the night playing with my helicopter and slammed it into the wall. Hehe that's what protection plans are for my friends! Gotta love it.
OK pics later but for now I can sleep happy knowing that my husband feels loved and although I'm not there, he knows I would be if I could and we will celebrate this weekend.

2 comments:

  1. Happy birthday Brad! What a great wife you have. A helicopter?!? Too cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And we love Brad as well! (Ha Ha, that's gonna be pretty funny when this post is written by Matt, lol!)
    It's so great that you went outside of your practical gift-giver side. That helicopter is such a "Brad" thing. I'm sure he loves it!
    Happy birthday Brad! Hope you had a wonderful day!!!!
    (Again, this post is written by Sarah)

    ReplyDelete