Monday, August 15, 2011

More House

I have found one of the downsides of having a husband in medical school is how quickly I can lose track of the weekends. Or weekdays. Well both, really. Things, events, places... it all sort of blurs together. So, in short, I have no idea when this occurred but I will tell you quite possibly it was in the last 2 months. Now there's an intro :)
One saturday I was home in Des Moines and Brad had volunteered to help out with a free-physicals day for the local high school kids who were doing sports. With these kinds of events I am always really torn... we hardly get any time together so I want to be glued at the hip when I'm home but on the other hand the events available are such great experience and he always learns a lot and feels good about community service. Bah. So, being the supportive wife that I am, I let him go. But not without a picture...

He looked amazing! Seriously! Check out my hot husband! Can I get a close up here???

Dreamy.
I could stare at that all day. But I didn't! I got right to work as soon as he left and one of the projects on my list was the shutters. There are two windows and a side door (the main one we use) on this side of the house and it's also the side that gets all the wind and pummeling rain/hail/excessive sun/snow (fill in the blank). So the shutters were in need of some serious TLC.

A few before pictures so you can really see how bad it had gotten...


And after!

Unfortunately even though I taped all around them and put up big sheets of plastic to protect the glass and surrounding siding, some of my black {spray} paint did escape onto the house :( But honestly, I did everything I could think of to prevent it and if I tried to do it all over again, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't do anything different. This project was on our list anyway but the main reason we did it now was because we have our adoption home study on
SEPTEMBER 20th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's real! It's real! We are so super way totally excited about this part because it is one of the very final steps to getting our profile up online. So we want the house to look as nice as possible when our case worker comes:)
I think Brad was pretty surprised when he came home. I was very sore but also proud of myself.

1 comment:

  1. I don't really know what a home study entails, but I'm WAY excited for you! And way to get these projects done on your house, you're awesome.

    ReplyDelete