Most people are on facebook and know that I cut my hair for locks of love. But I thought I'd post some details here :) I have been growing my hair for the purpose of donation for over two years now. My hair grows very slowly and I have had a hard time getting it to a length that would leave me with some hair after the big cut. I had known that I was going to cut it sometime this year but I wasn't committed on the
when. Stephanie made appointments for the morning after I got to Houston at this hair cutting place that was inside the mall (the Galleria) that she works, and is also the mall where the conference place was for my Echo training (the primary purpose for the trip). I was a nervous wreck! The guy (ha) that cut my hair was really good though and went right along with this little black and white print out of a cut Jessica Alba had at some point. So he washed and straightened my hair, braided it, and chop chop it goes! It felt wonderful! We had so many people gathered around us to watch lol which maybe was good so I didn't want to get emotional in front of all those people! But to be honest, I didn't even feel like I would cry. I was happy and it feels so light and fresh and new.

We had Averie with us and while Steph was getting a trim, I got to hold Averie. Here she is holding onto my braid for me :)
My beautiful niece
This isn't a great shot I just wanted to show the back :)
I have yet to wear my hair curly. I'm enjoying the change having it be straight for now.
Thanks for indulging me!
I've never seen your hair straightened. I love it and LOVE the cut! It's totally you.
ReplyDeleteHey! I wacked off most of my hair too- must be something in the air :)- I have been meaning to comment on many of your posts- but I have too much to say and not enough time- one day soon- promise
ReplyDeleteLooks great Erica!
ReplyDelete