Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Oh the joys of a home...

 So the weekend before the homestudy we had some cleaning up to do, some of which involved the yard work. I had never used the saw thingy before to do the hedge but while Brad was studying I decided it couldn't be that hard, and went for it. This is the 'before' picture... they were getting pretty bushy.
 Brad didn't last long inside once he heard me with the power tool outside. Smart man :) 
Such a boy.
We found this little guy out in the bush. Some may know this already but when we lived in Klamath we had a pet preying mantis for awhile. Brad was trying to be sweet one morning so on his way out he turned on our baseboard heaters so I would wake up nice and warm. What he didn't know was that our "Mantis" was on the heater and sort of.... cooked :( On a happier note, this little guy was really friendly and went on to live another day since we decided not to keep him :)
Why did I feel the need to wear a rubber glove (matching, of course)? Not sure. But at least I'm happy!
This is my determined-to-get-it-right-dang-it face. Also, this may have been about 3 minutes before I carefully sliced through the power cord. Don't worry, I severed it nice and clean. Apparently, Brad lovingly told me, his family had had that power cord since, basically, his birth. Way to go Erica. It was a miracle, though, have no fear- WalMart sells the same exact one for $9.99. Phew.
Trying not to smile....
 And after! All ready for Christy to come check out our home!

No comments:

Post a Comment