Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Ode to Brad

My husband, clearly, is super hott.
Super handsome- in a dashing sort of way-and incredibly deserving of a surprise birthday trip. We left straight from the Amelia Celebration (we had a few weeks ago) and headed out to a lake we've never been to before. It's actually the only resort in Iowa that's inside a state park. Parts of it- like the dock- reminded us of the Marina in Oregon and that was fun. It was blustery and cold and deserted and we loved every minute of being out there. 



Brad has a thing for being able to guess gifts. I said he couldn't open the gifts until he figured out what each one was. It doesn't seem to matter how well I disguise the present- he always figures it out. This used to infuriate me but now I just time him and it's a game. This year was 6 minutes. He even figured out that the book was 'a children's book' and that the t-shirt probably went along with the book. Yes, Curious George and yes I bought them at two different stores. He also figured out the licorice pretty quick. Since I had already given him his big gift- the portable gun safe- he wasn't expecting anything anything which made it extra fun :)

 When we got them we batted our eyelashes and got a free upgrade to lake view...thanks Dad for the long lashes!



 Yes, I love him.

 These adorable black ducks I snuck up on. They were so cute!
 Then they didn't like that and tried to get away.
See me on the far right by the shore line? 

All in all it was a lovely dash away. This will be our last trip before Amelia arrives so it was fun to slip one more getaway in there!
11  more days until she's due!!

No comments:

Post a Comment