Sunday, April 21, 2013

When 4 will soon be 6

I've been pensive a lot lately. To sit back and think about all the changes that have happened and will be happening this year is actually a tad overwhelming. On Friday our best friends Dan and Holly welcomed their daughter into the world. She is perfect. I didn't realize how hard it would be for us to be here in the midwest while a huge piece of our hearts was going through this enormous change back in Oregon. The joy and the pain and the...alteration of their universe. I get tears just thinking about my love for these two people and for this little being they have created. I cannot wait to hold this member of our family!

We were actually sitting to dinner with Meri at her surprise birthday party when we got the picture of their beautiful daughter. Sometimes I'm not sure what it would feel like to someone to talk of the future about the baby they're carrying....I mean, kinda odd right? Yeah well, welcome to adoption haha. Anyway we were just so excited for Dan and Holly that I told Meri all about them and how the girls will be mere weeks apart in age. She had the best reaction. So thrilled. A built-in best friend. Who could ask for better? And she's right... there's no way we could've planned it better ourselves. Heavenly Father is so good to us and it's amazing to watch His hand already guiding the next generation. I have to laugh as I think about all the fun these girls will have. The trouble they'll get into and the games they'll play. Makes my heart sing. The four of us had always hoped for this to happen and yet with us being married in 2003 and them a few years after us and then us applying for adoption and multiple degrees, moves, and job changes between all of us...I think I wasn't the only one who had given up on that dream. And yet here we are...4 weeks away from it being a reality.

Dan and Holly and baby E, we love you so. Here's to so so many more memories to come..... ox ox ox


1 comment:

  1. Sheesh, can't get on your blog these days without calling forth tears. Congrats on 4 becoming 6.

    ReplyDelete