Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Birthday Surprises

Saturday was such a surprise! Brad had to do homework so I cleaned and organized for awhile in the afternoon. He told me that the Bishop was coming over at six and that we could go to dinner after he left... but he wouldn't tell me where. Anyway so all day I was thinking about what calling we might be getting and what the Bishop would say, etc. When the Rutters came to the door, at first I was so caught off guard I was trying to figure out how I was going to juggle them and the Bishop! Well then I saw the lovely cupcakes Aunt Shari made and I realized they had come for my birthday! The Rutters are fabulous. We went to Pier 49 pizza Yum! and then hit Thanksgiving Point for the corn maze and other festivities.
They had these rocket launcher things that Aunt Shari and I were just dying to try out. You put this cute little pumpkin in the rocket and shoot it towards your target, obliterating your darling pumpkin but bringing childlike joy to yourself!
After we left Thanksgiving Point (aka surviving the maze) we headed home for some cupcakes, ice cream, and Robin Hood Men in Tights watching. Thanks to my family for making me feel so very special.

2 comments:

  1. So glad you had a happy happy birthday! Wish we could have been there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had an awesome birthday! We miss you guys!!!!

    -Jenn

    ReplyDelete