The best news we could get this year, though, the news we have been wanting to hear our entire (now six years!) marriage, finally came. Brad went to an interview at Des Moines University in Iowa and six days later got his letter of acceptance! We are thrilled and I am so proud of my husband. He was able to stay with Rhett and Kristol Andelin while out there in Iowa for his interview and they made his experience all the richer. They took him around the (frozen) city, showing him what life could be like there. We are so blessed to have such wonderful friends and can't wait to join them. School starts in August 2010 and we hope to move out this summer. We would love to buy a house and talk of it often since the housing is much more affordable out there. When Brad was in his interview one of the interviews was a nephrologist (kidney doc) and said straight out that if we moved there, Brad should call him and he could get me a job. Wow. There are eight hospitals and 10 accredited vascular labs in the area so we feel hopeful that I will be able to find work. We are grateful to all those who have helped us- gave support, wrote letters, advise, and encouragement- THANK YOU!!! :) It was all for something.
Here are a few pictures from the last eight weeks....
Thanksgiving with Gary, The Rutters, and Annie and Chris
We went to Salt Lake to see the lights with the Rutters for Jon-Michael Day, the special day when he was sealed to his parents. This is Brad's favorite picture. My teacher would be proud; he is perfectly demonstrating 'ghosting'
We had a wonderful Christmas with just the two of us and our little cow (our fondly nicknamed cat). The Rutters had us over for Christmas dinner and we watched a movie and ate delicious sugar cookies with peppermint ice cream. We're leaving in one hour to catch our flight to Medford. Drew is coming home from his mission in NC and we are THRILLED! Can't wait to see my family! Merry Christmas everyone!

Congratulations, Brad and Erica!! That is so exciting about med school (although I do wish it was closer to us and not farther away) and the possbile job too! We definitely need to make a Utah trip this summer before you move- we miss you guys!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations you guys! Closer to us is good! never close enough, maybe you could move in someday :) Better yet, you're the ones getting the house, we'll move in with you - see you in August! :) Lots of very cool stuff, I'm very excited for you.
ReplyDeleteYAY!!! Congratulations! I thought I'd had your blog set up on my Google reader but it was mis-categorized so I didn't notice that you'd posted a new post—and such a post! Woohoo! I'm so excited for you guys. Third generation—wow! So he'll be a Doctor of Osteopathy right? My sister-in-law's husband is studying for the MCATs right now and wants to do the same thing. He's taking an entire year off of school in preparation for the test. Kudos to Brad for all of his hard work! We don't know where we'll be this summer, but I'll keep you updated so that we can hopefully see you guys before we move or on our way to wherever we're going...SO EXCITING FOR YOU TWO!!!
ReplyDelete