What I ate...hmmm....
Not too exciting actually! I will say that I feel so grateful to be able to eat. I was on liquids only for so long, not a day goes by when I am not grateful to be able to eat solids, and chew my own food (think:blender)! I remember once about a year ago I was offered some amazing looking grapes and actually could not physically chew a grape. That, I have to say, was a low point for me. I have tried to be positive and upbeat about it throughout my experience (not always succeeding!) because, after all, I am lucky enough to really like chocolate ensure!!
So, that being said, today's menu probably sounds boring to most of you but to me, it is a miracle, a blessing, and a feast.
Breakfast I had cranberry almond granola cereal (very bad for the jaw but I slip it in there every so often for a treat)
Lunch was leftovers of enchilada soup (thanks, Picketts!!)
And dinner will be a pork roast with roasted yams and onions
I used to snack a lot during the day and I just don't do that at all anymore. Training myself to eat less frequently has been good for my jaw. Hard on my body due to hypoglycemia but I have been really surprised how well I have dealt with it as I have gradually changed my habits.

I've loved these posts Erica, it's been fun to learn some of the finer details about you that are typically not covered in the too few and far between times we get to hang out. Love you, and SO glad to hear you're eating solids these days! :)
ReplyDelete