Friday, March 4, 2011

Day 4- Short Term Goals for this Month and Why

With it being the start of March, I thought this post idea (thanks, AshleyB!) was perfect. I have so many goals it's kinda hard to pick!! That is one of the sides to me I don't love- I load up my cart of to-do's so much that I quickly get overwhelmed and then even if I do get a ton done, it is never everything so I feel like I didn't get anything done. Oh but I keep doing it to myself and I keep trying!!
Oooooh I so wish I was at home and could attach a certain picture to this post. I will later. But we kinda have big news.

Ready?

Brad and I have submitted our papers for adoption!
We are super duper excited! I have been dying to post on here and tell you all but I wanted things to be moving along just a bit before I did. We have been talking about adoption for a few years now and two Sundays ago we felt so right about it... it was a special experience for us and now we know this is our path. Doesn't mean we might get pregnant later on, but for now, this is our goal. So we have only just barely begun! We submitted our initial papers to indicate we want to begin the process to the agency (LDS services). Now we are waiting for them to call us to set up the interview. After the interview we will pay our fee and need to go through a lot of steps including- home study, 10 hrs each of adoption related parenting classes, background checks, more paperwork, contacting of our references, etc. All of that, they said, averages about 3-4 months. After aaaallllllllll of that, we will be 'listed' and have a profile up online that people will be able to look at! They said that the average wait is 1-3 years so this is not a quick process that we've chosen but we are ready for the challenge. Plus it will give me time to do all the craftiness I have in store for the baby's room lol!!!! YAY!!
Right so back to the goals since most of them are centered around this!
Goals include getting the interview done and getting my home ready to be 'inspected'. On the list is still getting the nursery (aka the entire top floor of my house! YAY!) put together. I am still doing the finishing touches on our bedroom makeover and then I can start on the baby crafts.
Boring goals for this month include getting my taxes done and shampooing the carpet upstairs (for the BABY!!! :) )

3 comments:

  1. This post makes my heart happy!:)We will be thinking about you guys through this whole process!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yahoo!! We are so excited for you both! Keep us posted on the progress! Love you! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you've posted a lot since I last popped in, congratulations on the adoption application! Any baby would be super blessed to be brought to the two of you. I imagine this will be a challenging process in some ways and will keep you in my prayers. Love you!

    ReplyDelete