Monday, March 7, 2011

Day 05 - Your Day

My day doesn't seem that interesting to me but when I sit back and think on it, it was actually a pretty full day!
I was on call last night
until 7 am this morning so I woke up in Council Bluffs. Brad was in Des Moines. I woke up early with thoughts of getting home early but it just didn't happen that way. I was a bit slow moving this a.m. But I got out the door around 8:30 which ended up being perfect because on my way East bound Brad texted me and said there would be an interesting speaker at the school at noon and to come around 11 if I wanted to also have lunch. The drive was peaceful to me which for some reason it usually is. There isn't a lot to look at between CB and DSM. Mainly rolling hills. Today it was the low clouds/misting snow with the windmills that caught my attention. More than once I wished(as I passed by) I had pulled over for a photo shoot but in the end, as always, I am in too big of a hurry. I need to think on that more. Anyway I have to say, I absolutely love love love going to school with Brad. I go to class with him every so often and it is always a rewarding experience for me. I think it's the responsibility-free learning I get to do. No strings. No commitments. And best of all, no exams! Today I learned about the thyroid and other endocrine glands. I was enthralled the entire time. I'd not say this to Brad but I'll be a little sad when the book work/class going days are over because it means they are over for me, too.
We had a wonderful lunch together (the food at DMU is pretty much always good just expensive) while the President of the AOA spoke to us. She is a very good speaker and pulls you into what she's saying even if you are not even remotely interested in the topic. Like I wasn't today. But still fun to be with my hubby.
After school I went to run to the car wash because I'm alarmed at the amount of salt build up on the car. I seriously wish they would stop salting the roads every time there *might* be snow. It's killing my car. Anyway the car wash was broken so I went to another one, much further away. I realized I was almost to the shopping area so I decided to run and get some groceries even though I was SO not in the mood for it. I just know I haven't been home in almost two weeks and I guarantee there is no food in the house. So I bought stuff for the menu tonight:
Crock pot chicken bbq with sweet walla walla onion
on onion hamburger buns (geez I love those, no idea why)
with sweet potato fries. I tried to find a mimic recipe of the SW fry sauce used at the Provo Guru's restaurant, no luck. So instead I used one that called for avocado, cream cheese, mayo, jalapeno (didn't have one, substituted canned green chillies), green onion, salt and pepper. It was mild in flavor but very good!
Finally got home, started on my 6 loads of laundry and have just been hanging out at home ever since. Brad came home for about 1 1/2 hours today from school and then had to go back to study some more. News flash: medical school is hard. I mean, really really hard. Brad is so dedicated to it though. I know he will be such a compassionate, knowledgeable doctor who just really Cares. I can't wait to see how this area of our lives turns out.
And tonight I'm shopping for cribs. I found a white one on craigslist I like. I have no idea how much I should be spending, ie how much stuff costs, but this one is 50 and its so pretty. I can't wait to put one piece in the nursery! The walls are already green and the paint is in good shape after a few touch ups I recently did. I need a glider rocker, too. One thing at a time :) A friends wife recently told me (they have 2 kids) how much she hates green and yellow. Well, as a potential adoption-parent(what in the heck do I call myself anyway?!), green and yellow are my new two favorite colors. So whatever.
Today has been a fun day to think about friends- talked to my good friend ST today for, well, never long enough, I miss her TONS. And it's C & J's birthdays from Utah. Hey guys!! I wish I could be there. I'd whip up *ha* some cupcakes and fruit pizza if ya know what I mean.
Also got to talk with my Mommy. I'm gathering advise about sewing machines. I may possibly be in the market for one. That is, if I can overcome my intensely real fear of them and what to do when things go wrong. Suggestions anyone?
Ok the case worker said she would call me tomorrow. Fingers crossed she has received our application and can START.THE.PROCESS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment