Starting off is tougher than I thought on this one. I have been thinking on it all day actually which I so wish is a measure of how successful it will be but I know from experience that equation doesn't always pan out. Ok.
It seems like depending on where I am, I will introduce myself differently. Does anyone else do that? For example,
At Church: Hi, I'm Sister DeKorte and I'm the Primary Secretary
At work: Hi, I'm Erica and I'll be doing your ultrasound today
Everyday life: Hi, I'm Erica...
I could keep going but you get the point. I have lived in California, Texas, Washington, Oregon, Utah, Pennsylvania, and Iowa. For 26 years that seems like a lot of places to me. The shortest was PA (1year) and the longest was probably WA (about 8 years). I feel pretty connected to all the places I have lived except for California. I don't like it in Southern Cali and I hope we never ever ever move there. Except for San Diego I might be willing to go there, not sure. But LA- never again for sure.
I also really like my life. When Brad and I were engaged we were trying to work out a plan for school....life....etc. I knew I wanted to do Ultrasound and he wasn't sure yet his career goals so we put me through first so I could support us while he went to school and it would also give him time to decide. It was such a good choice for us. I can't imagine (this is just for ME personally) not completing my degree. I want to be a good example to my siblings and it has made me feel independent and, well, smart. Or at the very least, capable. For those reasons I don't regret the many years it took just to get the BS, or the debt. It was worth it.
I'm married...married and in love. Funny, he doesn't know this but I get to look at him while I write this. Sometimes I feel like even after almost 8 years being together now we are still learning so much about each other. Don't get me wrong, we know each other. We know what the other person is thinking or will say before they say it and we can easily order for each other. But there's this part in a relationship that is so beautifully hidden.... so very unexpected that I love the most, that seems to come with time. Makes me more excited for more years together, rather than dread them or think geez how can we spend eternity together just us?!
We do not have children. It's been something in our minds and hearts lately. But I'm sensitive and not ready to talk about it just yet. But for sure more on that later.
I am not very good at telling jokes and sometimes I laugh at the 'wrong times'. I always have a lot of emotions running through me but often keep a blank face- probably from years of being told I was a 'drama queen'. I love purple. I am a sucker for it and will buy things that are purple, that we do not need, just because the color makes me so happy. I don't like contact sports but I like watching a game if I'm with either Brad or my Dad. I am very very very picky about my music. Which makes it hard for Brad but he is getting to expert status at finding music we both like. I enjoy crafting, especially now that we have a house. I've been sewing everything by hand and I'm pretty sure I'm done with that and ready to conquer my sewing machine fears. I like to be around people and be busy and cook with lots of people all crammed in the kitchen. Like at Thanksgiving. So. so. fun. I like being an Aunt. But I often have sad/guilty feelings because my niece is one now and doesn't have a clue who we are. I like to use my camera and honestly believe that, unlike other past hobbies, I will do this for the rest of my life. I love 30ROCK!!!
I also really like my life. When Brad and I were engaged we were trying to work out a plan for school....life....etc. I knew I wanted to do Ultrasound and he wasn't sure yet his career goals so we put me through first so I could support us while he went to school and it would also give him time to decide. It was such a good choice for us. I can't imagine (this is just for ME personally) not completing my degree. I want to be a good example to my siblings and it has made me feel independent and, well, smart. Or at the very least, capable. For those reasons I don't regret the many years it took just to get the BS, or the debt. It was worth it.
I'm married...married and in love. Funny, he doesn't know this but I get to look at him while I write this. Sometimes I feel like even after almost 8 years being together now we are still learning so much about each other. Don't get me wrong, we know each other. We know what the other person is thinking or will say before they say it and we can easily order for each other. But there's this part in a relationship that is so beautifully hidden.... so very unexpected that I love the most, that seems to come with time. Makes me more excited for more years together, rather than dread them or think geez how can we spend eternity together just us?!
We do not have children. It's been something in our minds and hearts lately. But I'm sensitive and not ready to talk about it just yet. But for sure more on that later.
I am not very good at telling jokes and sometimes I laugh at the 'wrong times'. I always have a lot of emotions running through me but often keep a blank face- probably from years of being told I was a 'drama queen'. I love purple. I am a sucker for it and will buy things that are purple, that we do not need, just because the color makes me so happy. I don't like contact sports but I like watching a game if I'm with either Brad or my Dad. I am very very very picky about my music. Which makes it hard for Brad but he is getting to expert status at finding music we both like. I enjoy crafting, especially now that we have a house. I've been sewing everything by hand and I'm pretty sure I'm done with that and ready to conquer my sewing machine fears. I like to be around people and be busy and cook with lots of people all crammed in the kitchen. Like at Thanksgiving. So. so. fun. I like being an Aunt. But I often have sad/guilty feelings because my niece is one now and doesn't have a clue who we are. I like to use my camera and honestly believe that, unlike other past hobbies, I will do this for the rest of my life. I love 30ROCK!!!

Erica -
ReplyDeleteI love you!
-Jenn
I'm really excited to read all of these posts!
ReplyDelete