Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Disneyland

So many pictures, sorry in advance!!
OK I know I'm back tracking major here but June went so fast! Brad ended classes and soon after we were on a plane from Des Moines to LA where we met up with Mom and Dad who were waiting for us at Disneyland. It'll sound corny but it really was a 'magical' four days! Hard to imagine that we hadn't seen our parents in a year... it was far too long. We missed them terribly and it was a very sweet reunion. In our 8 years together this was our first trip just the four of us...

Mom and I were able to get some good one on one time as well while Dad and Brad were off at the conference. We went to breakfast and split an omelet that was delicious but pretty heavy. There were also a lot of characters which we weren't expecting. They even had the bear from Brother Bear. I like that movie but it always makes me cry...

The guys about to head off to a lecture. Dad was actually there for a conference which is why we were all able to get together. I thought it was very cool that Brad was able to attend. Medicine is quickly becoming a special father-son connection.

And of course, the rides! I took quite a few pictures but I thought this one of Brad was especially good. Those little cars aren't made for tall people :)


Aren't they adorable?


They had the new Little Mermaid ride up. It was okay, more nostalgic than anything

There was a sweets shop right near the entrance to the hotel. They had the coolest designs for caramel apples. Mom loves apples and we bought one- ok maybe even two!- each day. The best part was seeing her get so happy and excited to get one and eat it!




This little cafe connected to the hotel near the pool had these amazing chicken sandwiches with a big green chili and lots of guacamole on it. Everyone really liked them, but especially Dad! He even said one night while we were there he had a dream about one! lol!

And one of my favorites from the trip that is totally going on the adoption blog


After four days we left LA and flew straight to Houston to be there for a week. Another post :)


1 comment: