Wednesday, August 24, 2011

I love my family. I mean, really, truly. Each of them holds a special place in my heart and I cherish their friendships. But honestly, I can't imagine more love than I have for my two nieces. They are perfect favorites! I mean, look at this sweet face and
try
and tell me I'm crazy

Yeah, I didn't think so.
I was so lucky to get to spent a week with my sisters, brother in law, and one of my nieces in Houston right after we left LA (in June, sorry, still back tracking :) ).
We had such a laid back week! It was honestly the first time in our 8 years together that we have spent one week together doing, well, pretty much nothing.
I think my sisters felt they were being boring but we loved it.

Austin (my bro in law) graduated from his RadTech program and we could not possibly be more proud of him. Top of his class and did so well. While there, although we missed the actual graduation by one week, we got to celebrate my youngest sister graduating from high school! She is headed out here close to us for college, we can't wait for her to get here in a few weeks!

For a gift we took everyone out to a fun dinner. We had fried pickles (our first time eating those- very good!) and lots of food and then we ordered very very yummy deserts- the kind you have to order when you first get there so they can
bake them for you
mmmmmmmmmmm.

Some pics during dinner:

My husband, always so funny...

The happy couple...


Going to dinner...


We also did a ton of... nothing! At the condo there is a pool and Steph and I decided to take a little swim one day for about an hour. Brad was so sweet and offered to watch Averie so we could hang out. When we came back, this is what we found...
Brad, the baby, and the dog.
All snuggled up :)

I just had to include this picture. Right before we left I was holding my sweet Averie and all of a sudden she tips back her head (I was talking so maybe she was trying to figure that out) and looks straight up at me. Melted my heart. Luckily there was a camera near by. It's a moment I won't forget

One day the weather was just perfect and we decided to have a BBQ out by the pool and go for a swim. They keep their condo pretty cool (as in, I'm absolutely freezing when I'm there!) and we were wondering how Averie would do being outside. lol as soon as we got out there we put her in her tub so there was air all around her and she fell right asleep! And that girl slept hard. I think she loved the warmth.



And just a *few* more I couldn't bear to leave out :)




Sorry for all the pictures.... but then again, I guess I'm really not sorry because I look at this blog probably more than anyone else! lol this way I can have these pictures wherever I go and I just love to look at her sweet face and our time together. I can't wait to see them again at the end of September. By the time she is 4 1/2 months old I will have visited her 3 times! lol. Love that girl.

1 comment: