Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Baking

I debated a long time trying to decide what to have for our birthday dessert. There are so many fun cakes, pies and decadent, beautiful dishes out there it was tough trying to decide. But in the end, the nostalgia took over and we made blackberry pie. We used the blackberries I had frozen after we picked them this summer and it was fantastic. Growing up in Oregon, many of my family's food memories are centered around blackberries and pie, especially Nana's pie. 




 I had sort of gotten a huge craving for cupcakes. But not just any cupcakes
oh, no.
I specifically craved pumpkin, cream cheese, chocolate chip cupcakes.
Had I ever made these before? No.
Ever even had one before? No.
But oh the craving was fierce. So at 11pm, baking we went.
Although a little over cooked, they were very yummy and totally hit the spot :)

1 comment: