Thursday, November 10, 2011

Last birthday post, I promise!!

I bet you can tell by now that we pretty much had an awesome time with Dad, Donna, and Kat! 
I have to say that it can get a bit lonely out here in Iowa all by our lonesome 
so we are especially visitor-hungry. 
{ps: Brad's parents are coming in December for Christmas we're so excited!}
Anyway, for Dad's birthday, we got him a DMU shirt (Brad has a matching one, he's just not wearing it) and he looks so good I just had to post these pictures!



Our dining room all set up with birthday banner... 


Isn't she adorable? 


Brad's famous taking a picture of taking a picture. Yup, I know. :)


The pictures we took with the big camera didn't exactly turn out... ahem... 
but luckily Donna was there to save the day (yet again!!)! Love this pic of Dad and I and LOVE Donna for taking it!!


Beautiful Donna


Dad said before they came that they would be willing to help me out with a few house projects while they were here. How cool is that!? Free labor! They were so amazing and got us one of those shower curtains that are curved... like in a hotel, have you seen them? They make it feel much more spacious and relaxing because you don't feel so claustrophobic. Love. It took a bit of work but with some team work and a quick run to the hardware store after a complete re-do damaged the screws (yikes!), we got er done!


The light in the kitchen has been killing me for almost a year now. The fall after we bought the home I took the plastic cover off of the light to go down to the store and replace it. It was yellow and yuckie and not really the look I was going for. While removing the cover, it broke because it was old and brittle and I was doing it alone and probably not being that careful...
So I took it to the hardware store they didn't have that size light cover. Went to another, they didn't either and neither of them even sold that size. By the third store I was irritated. The guy at the third place finally told me it was a size they don't make anymore and that I'd have to go to the light specialty store to get the cover. When I called that store, the cover was so ridiculously expensive, you wouldn't even believe me. 
Plus I think I blocked it because I was mad. 
Anyway so my light has been naked for a year.
And I dislike florescent lighting to boot.
So to Lowe's we went and bought a whole new light with new bulbs that give off a much less irritating light. There are four bulbs in there now instead of two and it makes such a difference! The extra light does wonders for my happiness and it will be especially welcome in the winter (which is now :(  )
Plus it looks soooo much better.
THANK YOU DAD & DONNA!!!




1 comment:

  1. Birthdays, adoption approvals, Lowe's (woot!) DIY projects, Katherine off to school, Brad's new skills...you guys have had a fun month! So happy that all is well with everyone! xo!

    ReplyDelete