Often I feel like I post about an event or something specific. Which is good, but maybe this is even better. I wanted to share some of what we've been up to the last week or so.
And it's nothing big. It's just plain good.
Avocado, tomato, feta, olive oil drizzled bruschetta. You know you want some...
Thanks to Donna, our first try at a persimmon. Delish! Tastes like a tropical fruit. Firm. Lovely.
The view off our back deck. Our gorgeous tree... sooooo pretty. And the terracotta fire pit Brad found on Craislist, organized the meeting all by himself, then took me along where I happily talked him down $5 :).
I smile every time I see it because, frankly, we haven't used the thing once (ok, it is kinda sorta new... early September I think?) but when I see it it reminds me of Brad. My husband is such an idealist! Do you know this about him? He had this idea that we would be outside all cozied up to this fire pit hanging out together, cold but happy, having a blast. Maybe some s'mores? Maybe a fleece blanket? Hot coca? Who doesn't love that imagery? I know I do. So we got the fire pit and haven't used it but I am sure we will. The dream will become real, you just wait and see.




LOL! WE so want one of those fire pits and envision ourselves doing the exact same thing. Perhaps when the summer comes around you'll get to use it often. It would be even more fun with a good group of friends gathered 'round!
ReplyDeleteThat's a lovely tree. How's all that leaf raking going?
ReplyDelete