Friday, December 16, 2011

The next few weeks...

I can't believe today is today. Do you ever get that feeling?
It's like Whoa! wait! huh? are you sure?!
Yup.
Today is today.
Mom and Dad are flying in tonight. I'll have the next four days off, work two days, then another four days off as we celebrate Christmas, our 8 year anniversary, and being together. Brad is taking his last two exams as I write this. I don't think he slept last night- at all. He doesn't need to do that very often.... maybe once a month or so. I hate it but at least we know there are two weeks ahead to fully recover. I'm excited to have my 'real' husband back. The one who more easily laughs, plays silly tricks on me, is home asking what fun thing will we make/eat today?, who doesn't look so run down. I see less and less of this guy but don't worry, I know he's in there. I saw him in June. 
We aren't planning on doing too much while M&D are here. Mainly a lot of sleeping, eating, talking, and playing games. I think we'll take them out to Omaha to see the Winter Quarters temple, grounds, and visitors center. It's a special place for me for many reasons and I'm looking forward to taking them. Also, the Kanesville Tabernacle where Brigham Young was sustained a prophet is a stone's throw from where I work. I pass it each day. It's a replica of the original building but they did a good job and there's a good spirit there. I hope they still have all the hundreds of gingerbread houses they do each year. Other than that, I'm personally hoping to sleep a lot, eat even more, and just 100% relax. Plus with Mom and Dad here we'll actually get to turn the heat up to a reasonable temperature! Joy, oh the joy. 
I am also doing my first photo shoot for the photography4adoption tomorrow. I am nervous but hopeful that things will turn out and they'll be happy. I'll let you know!
Other than that, not a lot going on. We don't have our profile up on itsaboutlove.org yet but we are still holding out hope she can complete it by the end of the year. If not, it will be the perfect way to ring in 2012! And yeah, I was supposed to do Christmas cards this year. I even bought them. We wrote a newsletter. And then it was brought to my attention- thanks, Dad- there was a typo on all 500 of the adoption cards I had made and was planning on including in the Christmas cards. So I tossed those and haven't had the willpower to order and pay for another 500. So you might be getting your card in January, Rudolph and all :) 

1 comment:

  1. Hope you have a wonderful time with your parents!!!!!

    ReplyDelete