When Mom and Dad were here in Iowa, after they went to the temple grounds and all that they picked me up from work and we went a block down the street and went to the Kanesville Tabernacle. It's a replica of the building where Brigham Young was sustained a prophet for the Church. There is a lot of history there for the members of the Church, but also the United States. Every year this area gets everyone to participate in gingerbread house making and the results are submitted and put on display at the trail center and also the tabernacle. They are so beautiful and represented a lot of hard work and dedication. It was fun to go there with Mom because we loved looking at every detail, trying to figure out how they did it all!
Someone took a picture on the drive to Council Bluffs. This is what I see for four to six hours a week. Riveting, I know. In reality, when the corn is growing I find it quite beautiful and plus there are a lot of wind turbines that are pure white that I also like. I always say I'm going to stop and capture the beauty of the Midwest but then I think about getting to work on time or getting home to Brad after being gone all week. Brad always wins and I don't stop but hurry home :)
Outside the tabernacle. The color for our lab is green so yup I'm still in my scrubs because I was on call
I took this picture for Aunt Shari. The penguins were adorable. Hard to tell in this picture but that's a polar bear in the middle...
This house was amazing. It was so perfect!
Loved this one.
I thought of Ali (our niece) when I saw this one- it's Snow White and her dwarfs. They did a great job- some sort of shredded wheat on top I believe glazed with honey.
Of course among all the gingerbread was a ton of history
Hard to tell, but it was a good size in there and there were a lot of displays. Here's Mom looking so happy because I was there to look at the displays with her. I guess she got outvoted at the trail center where the other display was when she was just with Dad and Brad.
This is an actual wagon from the 1800's. They aren't sure if it was used in the trek, probably not, but it was cool to see paint still on there (green) and the cages for chickens and stuff.
Here's Dad. It was honestly freezing. He's so funny with pictures. In reality, he and I are a lot alike- we're always the ones trying to get people together for pictures and we like looking at them later. It's nice to have an ally!

What a fun outing! And I think your green scrubs are cute : )!
ReplyDelete