Due to the joys of social networking and our phones, most of you probably already know that our profile went up online yesterday. Oh my goodness it feels SO GOOD!
You can see our adoption blog post about it here.
You can see our adoption blog post about it here.
It was so fun because it was also Mom's birthday! We had told Christy that it was her special day on Friday and we really hoped the stars would align and that it would all happen on her day so it could be extra wonderful- and it did! She was pretty happy :)
We got so much feedback and support from all of you; thank you.
thank you thank you thank you.
We can't shake the feeling that 2012 is going to be a superbly terrific year!
In other news, I have been a major blogging slacker lately
and I blame one thing, and one thing only:
and I blame one thing, and one thing only:
Pinterest.
Ok, that, plus my inability to stop my obsession haha
It's such a great idea! From the beginning I was determined not to be someone who pinned tons of stuff but made or did none of it. It's all good if that's how you are because it's just for fun but for me I really wanted to try to some new stuff. And it's seriously paid off so far! All the recipes that we've tried have been delicious and I'm finally out of my idea rut for the baby's room upstairs. I have been sewing and creating things I found on there. It's been quite a lot of fun. Easy to get overwhelmed with things that would be amazing to do but I'm not there yet. I'm still in the 'excited' phase haha.
Anyway, that has been taking a lot of time. Then my sewing machine broke :( Boo. Not thrilled with that. It was kinda doomed from the beginning when I bought it from that lady off craigslist (the only time it's been a disaster) and I didn't know that the whole bottom part had been removed... I think she knew I was a beginner... So! It looks like I'll be getting a new one! And the good part is that now I don't have fear and I know it can be super fun and I can create beautiful and functional pieces. I know if I bought another machine, it wouldn't just sit and be unused (like the previous one did for over 6 months).
We also went to Illinois to visit my sister Katherine. I loved being at her school and meeting her friends and going out to dinner. Oh, and the pool at the Marriott was awesome too! I'll have to get those pictures up. We had a great time and hope we can get together again soon.
Ok that's kinda it for now.... if you think that I do not have your address and you would be willing to take (and get rid of!) a few pass along cards, shoot me an email!
We'd love for you to be apart of our story.

Hey Erica,
ReplyDeleteI need a little guidance on the pass along card thing. I don't know anyone who is pregnant but doesn't want their baby... where does one typically leave a pass along card? I would love to help, so feel free to send me some, but if you have any ideas on how I should distribute them that would be great. Love you guys!