Friday, October 19, 2012
Hatfield Lake Cabin
Next week will bring quite a few changes for Brad and I. He will begin his rotation in Neurology and I will be returning to my full time position in Council Bluffs. Before all that, I decided we needed a getaway. So I packed the car, surprised Brad, and off we went to a cabin in Creston, Iowa. It was truly off the grid. We had zero cell phone service and besides a quick run into town, didn't see a soul. Our cabin was on 1500 private acres with lakes and hiking paths. And we were the only ones on it. A much needed respite from hectic life. It was cold, rainy, and windy while we were there- just the way we like it! I had brought my heater blanket and we sat on the front top deck and journeled, talked, and ate. In the morning we had canadian geese on the lake and by 9 am they were off again. Everything inside the cabin was beautiful and made you feel like you were at home. Can you tell we loved every minute of being there? It's true.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



how awesome! hope things continue to go well.
ReplyDeleteSo great!
ReplyDeleteWow! What a fun way to really get away from it all!
ReplyDelete