Friday, November 23, 2012
Thanksgiving 2012
This year turned out to be pretty awesome. On Wednesday we got the amazing news that Brad wouldn't be required to be at the hospital on Friday, which I can't say enough how thrilled we were! So on Thursday we got up and went down to the store to grab a couple things we needed for dinner and dessert-making. The store was closed so we were trying to figure out...where can we buy cream.... walgreens! Haha yup they had what we needed and it felt like a home run. Then we went to DMU where they have a big Thanksgiving lunch each year for the students and their families. First year, I was in Utah so we couldn't go and second year we were in Council Bluffs because I was on call. But man oh man have we been missing out! It was incredible! They had tons of food and we all pushed tables together and laughed and talked and told stories and caught up with friends we hadn't seen in awhile. I loved every minute of it and will be kinda sad if we aren't there next year!
Even though we were way full, we had a whole second dinner planned at our house with the Settlers and the Millers at three. We had all the good stuff plus we got to hold little Cannon! Seriously it was such a fun evening filled with Bubble Bobble, stories, baby holding, catching up, and delish food. Somewhere in there Grandma DeKorte called and we skyped a bit and then later got to see Mom and Dad and skype with them. Then Dad turned the other phone so we could see they were skyping with Andrew in Salem. It was a lot of skyping :) After everyone left we snuggled up on the couch so Brad could play games online with his brother (another Thanksgiving tradition) and I could warm up. I didn't make it long before I was beat and let the turkey goodness take over and off to bed I went happy and content another wonderful holiday was had!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


It really was a wonderful Thanksgiving! Thanks for having us over. :)
ReplyDelete