Thursday, February 14, 2013

Just so Sweet

This week has been filled to the brim with ups and downs. Each day seems to bring a new wave of emotions and events that take me by surprise. I keep thinking as we get older we will have experienced enough- finally- not to be caught off guard at life's curve balls but that doesn't seem to have happened yet.  Don't get me wrong, I don't mind a little excitement every now and then but I'd like a little more control I think. Haha now I know I'm asking too much :)

All week a huge highlight for us has been saying our daughters name. We absolutely love telling people her name and it has overall been a much more spiritual experience than we ever could have imagined. People ask well what if someone steals your name?! Well, it is an awesome name so I guess I couldn't blame them too much but the fact is, Amelia Kaylani is going to be her name even if everyone I know runs out and picks it. Meri, Brad and I have had confirmation that this special little girl was supposed to have this name and that has made it all the more beautiful to us.

Speaking of Meri, she sent us the cutest email today saying Happy Valentines Day and also telling us how much Amelia has been kicking. Apparently it's been keeping her up at night and she can see her kick as her shirt moves haha. That's my girl! She's going to be athletic like Meri and strong willed like us both I already love it :)

Dad DeKorte had his hip surgery this past Tuesday. I feel like a ten year weight has been lifted off my shoulders so I can only imagine how Mom and Dad feel. Ever since I met the DeKortes (which was before I met Brad since he was on his mission at the time) they have been telling me about Dads hip and how he needed surgery. Sometimes I could tell he was in pain but I would say 99 times out of 100 he was still doing everything other people did- rafting, exercising, biking, hiking... all of it with a smile. Dad has so many qualities I have to to aspire to and his endurance in this has been emotionally difficult to know he's hurting but has also been inspiring. With a few bumps post op, Dad is healing well and has already begun his recovery. He has been walking the halls of the hospital and trying to rest up so he can get the heck out of there and go home.

I have been working quite a bit at my new job. Yay for extra hours for training! These hours will probably taper off but it has been such a blessing right now as we prepare for little Amelia.

Brad has been working in the Family Medicine Clinic these past four weeks, two of them being hospital (in-patient) focused Family Medicine. He has indeed enjoyed it and feels he has found his fit. Tomorrow he will take his board exam to complete this rotation and will start OB-GYN on Monday which will last another 4 weeks. Each day he puts in 100% effort. I am so proud of him and although I miss him tremendously while he's away, I know that his heart is in the right place and that he is happy serving, learning, and is truly making the most of each learning opportunity he has. Heavenly Father blessed Brad with language abilities when He sent Brad on his mission to Colorado. Since he came back there has really never been a very long period of time he has gone without using these skills. There are many languages spoken in the Family Medicine group right now but Spanish is severely under represented. It seems as though each day he comes home with yet another story of frustrations being high and he is able to calmly and confidently help. He is planning to take the exam to be a health care provider medical translator. I am excited for him to be able to take the exam and to continue to be blessed for his hard work & for this special gift from Heavenly Father.

One last thing. My cousin Almira sent me a link this morning. It was a beautiful message. If you have an extra minute, please read it.
http://www.daringyoungmom.com/2012/12/19/drops-of-awesome/

Happy Valentines Day to my Love. My life is amazing and it is so because of You.


2 comments:

  1. Amelia is a beautiful name- I love it!! Amelia is going to be one blessed girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh! love the name! hurray for spanish and loving what you do Brad! love you guys!

    ReplyDelete